https://tinyurl.com/PestaUbin2018report. Please let us know if you have any ideas, feedback and suggestions!
Thanks to Minister Desmond and NParks for a lovely thank you dinner for all the volunteers who made Pesta Ubin 2018 possible.
Pesta Ubin will return in 2019!
'Like' the Pesta Ubin facebook page to get the latest updates!
Here's some highlights of Pesta Ubin 2018 ...
These activities are FREE. No registration required. Simply come to Pulau Ubin and join the fun!
- 27 May (Sun): Pesta Ubin photo booth Have a kampung make over! Choose from cool Ubin props and quirky kampung accessories. Take a photo and post it #PestaUbin so your friends share in the fun at Pesta Ubin!
- 27 May (Sun): FREE Ubin Nature Walk with Strix Wildlife Consultancy Join experienced naturalists to spot amazing wildlife on Pulau Ubin and learn more about Ubin history and heritage.
- 28 May - 2 Jun: Tua Pek Kong Festival For six days and six nights, the birthday of Tua Pek Kong is honoured with colourful festivities. The ancient Wayang Stage at Ubin Town comes alive with traditional opera in glittering costumes as well as more modern vibrant celebrations. Come experience this authentic festival organised by Ubin villagers.
- 9 Jun (Sat): FREE Ubin Evening and Night Nature Walk with Strix Wildlife Consultancy Enjoy BYO sunset dinner at Maman Beach while experienced naturalists spot amazing wildlife on Pulau Ubin and share about Ubin history and heritage.
- 9 Jun - 9 Jul: “The Island in Focus” photography exhibition by Photographic Society of Singapore showcasing the work of PSS members' in capturing Pulau Ubin’s beauty.
- 10 Jun (Sun): Balik Chek Jawa Volunteer guides will be stationed all over the boardwalk to share about Chek Jawa's amazing wildlife. With fun activities for the whole family. (There will be NO activities on the seashores).
- 17 Jun (Sun): Ubin Nature Walk with Strix Wildlife Consultancy Join experienced naturalists to spot amazing wildlife on Pulau Ubin and learn more about Ubin history and heritage.
- 23 Jun (Sat): FREE Ubin Nature Night Walk with Strix Wildlife Consultancy Join experienced naturalists to spot amazing wildlife on Pulau Ubin and learn more about Ubin history and heritage.
- 24 Jun (Sun): Ubin Day The Ubin Community comes together for the grand finale of Pesta Ubin. At the Assembly Area, Kampung Games, lots of interactive booths and many other activities. No registration, just join a guided walk of Ubin mangroves or coastal cleanup at Jelutong Beach or view films: 'The German Girl Shrine' and 'Moving Gods'; and Ubin, Sayang - a film about Ubin villagers and mangrove restoration.
Ubin Family Fun! Pesta Ubin is fun for the whole family. There are also activities specially for kids: such as a Family Nature Camp and other walks, night activities and art workshops. Relive kampung days with Kampung Games. Learn how to navigate on Ubin while discovering the island's heritage.
Colourful Traditions Join celebrations of Tua Pek Kong's birthday! Ubin bursts with six days and six nights of festivities. Ubin Jetty is decked out in flags and lanterns, the ancient Wayang Stage comes alive with traditional opera in glittering costumes. Also check out the many activities that celebrate Ubin's heritage and relive kampung days with Kampung Games.
For Nature Lovers! From forests to seashores, mangroves to wild gardens. Lots of activities to enjoy, learn and give back to nature on Pulau Ubin. Come for the Chek Jawa Open House - FREE, no registration required, all are welcomed. Or join special walks by leading nature guides or go birdwatching with experts. Join a special Family Nature Camp. There are also night nature walks and nature camping. Learn more about Ubin's wildlife through art, join a special sunrise photography session at Chek Jawa. Make a difference for nature at Ubin by joining clean ups. View Ubin, Sayang - a film about Ubin villagers and mangrove restoration.
Life on Ubin Pulau Ubin is Singapore's last kampung (village). Enjoy Kampung Life in the slow lane, join activities that highlight Ubin's heritage. Learn about kampung life with real life Ubin villagers and about ‘Kawan Ubin, a community restoration project. Learn how to navigate on Ubin while discovering the island's heritage. View Ubin, Sayang - a film about Ubin villagers and mangrove restoration.
Jalan-jalan: Wonderful Wanderings A leisurely stroll is a great way to savour the sights and sounds of Ubin! Join walks with experienced enthusiasts who will reveal secret corners of Pulau Ubin. Explore Chek Jawa in the East. Night walks are particularly exciting. Some art activities also include a stroll through Ubin.
Ubin on Wheels Rent a bicycle or bring your own. Learn from experts at a special mountain biking clinic.
Adrenaline Junkies! Lots of sporty activities to enjoy on Ubin! The Pesta Ubin WalkBikeRun allows you to get active while exploring Ubin. Learn from experts at a special mountain biking clinic. Go on a kayaking adventure! Including kayaking in a quarry! Learn how to navigate on Ubin while discovering the island's heritage or go Geocaching on the island!
Splashing Good Time! Have fun in the waters of Pulau Ubin. Lots of kayaking: from a gentle kayaking tour up quiet mangrove creeks, or adventurous trips that start from the mainland. Including a rare opportunity to kayak in an Ubin quarry! As well as a Standup Paddleboard (SUP) activity to Pulau Ketam while picking up marine litter along the way.
Makan! Indulge in Ubin specials (*Psst: Durian season may start during Pesta Ubin!). Enjoy Ubin-only, Sunday-only Lontong at Pak Ali’s shop next to Ubin Jetty. Sample home-cooked food at two Chinese restaurants in Ubin Town. Or just lepak, lim kopi and watch the kampung go by at Ubin Town. More about makan at Ubin.
Join the Dark Side Night wayang during Tua Pek Kong Festival is magical. Discover Ubin after twilight through night activities such as nature walks and a special Family Nature Camp.
Inspired by Ubin Artists and photography enthusiasts, find your muse at Ubin! Join art activities some specially for kids. Join a special sunrise photography session at Chek Jawa. Be inspired by an exhibition by the Photographic Society of Singapore. Also view films: 'The German Girl Shrine' and 'Moving Gods'; and Ubin, Sayang - a film about Ubin villagers and mangrove restoration.
Volunteer for Ubin Some Pesta Ubin activities need volunteers. The Ubin Navigate programme is looking for volunteers. Others give you an opportunity to volunteer, for example, help out in the several efforts to clean up the shores of Pulau Ubin. Everyone can make a difference for Pulau Ubin!
Find a Pesta Ubin activity that suits your schedule and interest!
'Like' the Pesta Ubin facebook page to get the latest updates! Such as alerts when registrations are opened.
Want to contribute a Pesta Ubin activity?
Everyone is welcomed to contribute suitable activities for Pesta Ubin! More about what activities are suitable for Pesta Ubin and and how to contribute a Pesta Ubin activity in this form.
Want to volunteer for Pesta Ubin?
Pesta Ubin is a community event that brings everyone together. There will be many opportunities to join in as a volunteer. 'Like' the Pesta Ubin facebook page to get the latest updates!
What is Pesta Ubin?
Pesta Ubin is Ubin Open House! Pesta Ubin is the highlight of each year of 'Celebrating Ubin', which is made possible by the Friends of Ubin Network (FUN). FUN brings together those who are committed to working together for Ubin.
Pronounced ‘Pays-ta’, Pesta is Malay for festival or party. Pesta often describes festivities that bring a community together, such as a wedding; or a cultural celebration. (It is NOT an Italian dish: which is ‘pasta’.)
Pulau Ubin is open every day. Here's more about what to see and do on Ubin.